Desirable Properties of Belt Drive Materials
The material used in belt drive should have certain qualities. They are listed below
- It can withstand high tensile stress.
- It should process high flexibility and low rigidity.
- Chemical stability, oil and other solvent resistance must be fair.
- High coefficient of friction between belt and pulley.
- It should have excellent resistance to wear and fatigue.
- Excellent dimensional stability.
- Low weight per unit length.
- High ply separation resistance.
- Low elongation during operation, creep must be very trifling.
- It can use at the wide range of temperature.
- They must be durable.
Read: Causes of Belt Failure