Magnetic Particle Clutch - Features, Advantages and Applications
Construction and working of magnetic particle clutchA magnetic particle clutch is the type of electromagnetic clutch which doesn’t have the friction plate. Torque transmits mechanically through powder fillings. Magnetic particle clutch consists of two rotating discs. One of them is attached to the driver, and the other is attached driven shaft. The free space between these rotors is filled with the magnetic particles. Magnetic particles are usually suspended in oil; sometimes fine graphite powder is used instead of oil. Before energizing the clutch, the magnetic particle lies in random and do not couple mechanically.
Features and Benefits of magnetic particle clutchHere is some advantage of magnetic particle clutch.
- Smooth and silent operation.
- Easy to install and versatile mounting.
- Torque is consistent with low and high speed.
- The torque is independent of slip.
- Instantaneous response of magnetic particle.
- Extremely high precision can achieve.
- No wearing parts.
- Free from “stick-slip” (jerking motion during two objects is sliding over each other).