Advantages and Disadvantages of Vapor Compression Refrigeration Cycle over Air Refrigeration System
- Size is small when compared to an air refrigeration system for a given capacity of refrigeration.
- Volume of refrigerant circulated is low. Hence the running cost is low.
- High coefficient of performance.
- The operating temperature range is huge.
- The temperature at the evaporator can be easily controlled by regulating expansion valve.
- Latent heat involved in Phase change ensures high value of heat removal, while air refrigeration system has sensible heat only.
- It requires smaller evaporator.
- Mechanism And Working Of A Vapour Compression Refrigeration System
- Comparison Between Heat Engine, Refrigerator, And Heat Pump
- High initial cost, costly refrigerant.
- Environmental hazardous refrigerant involved.
- Must ensure the prevention of leakage of refrigerant..